How many 3090s will stores have

Options
I know it mentions that stores are expected to have less than 20 cards.
Should we expect less than 10 cards for the 3090 being that it is a more of a top tier card.

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    We don't have any official word on this yet, waiting to hear back, but this is my personal expectation. I can't see any reason why the 3090, I card twice as expensive and much more niche than the 3080, would have equal availability. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we saw less than 5 in some cases. Hopefully we get something a little more concrete next week prior to the launch. 
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    We don't have any official word on this yet, waiting to hear back, but this is my personal expectation. I can't see any reason why the 3090, I card twice as expensive and much more niche than the 3080, would have equal availability. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we saw less than 5 in some cases. Hopefully we get something a little more concrete next week prior to the launch. 
    Wouldn't be surprised, less than 5 lol, insane
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    Wouldn't be surprised, less than 5 lol, insane
    Yeah. I'm really hoping we can at least provide some kind of rough estimate for you guys next week if possible, but who knows at this point. 
  • Chasemm18
    Options
    @TSTonyV thanks for being so transparent with us Tony! Really appreciate it. I’m so bummed that apparently office Max/depot leaked early and people were able to order from them last night...these launches are such a mess, you would think after several generations of this Nvidia would be more helpful with their customers/retailers with concrete info, I guess this year can be blamed on covid though...
  • GLuE
    Options
    3090 is only 10-12% faster than 3080. Not worth double the price. 
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    GLuE said:
    it is for the VRAM. Otherwise you are going to get a 3080 10 GB in 2020, and then have to get a 3080 20 GB in 2021 if you game at 4K. Otherwise you can just get a 3090 in 2020 and keep it until 2022 when 4000 series comes out
  • GLuE said:
    it is for the VRAM. Otherwise you are going to get a 3080 10 GB in 2020, and then have to get a 3080 20 GB in 2021 if you game at 4K. Otherwise you can just get a 3090 in 2020 and keep it until 2022 when 4000 series comes out
    Best comment on here lol. Some people have no common sense. There will be a 20gb card just as you mentioned and the 3090 is a complete waste of money. What is going to be entertaining is watching people off load their 3080 10gb for a 20gb only to realize they will only be able to get about 200 bucks for it. I would imagine a 3080 20gb will be in the neighborhood of 1k-1200. If people would just wait 6 months there will be plenty of stock and you want to wait as long as possible because manufacturers make changes to hardware during manufacturing and they are not going to tell consumers that. I am just wrapping up my second WC hardtube build and guess what card I bought? A 2080ti. Why? Because I have it in my first build and it's an awesome card with plenty of power. I run Hitman at 4k with a 10900K overclocked to 5.1 on a asus 43" g-sync monitor @ 144hz and its butter smooth. People are so damn gullable...
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99