Problems using Realtek Audio

Options
According to the specs for Powerspec G356 Gaming Computer, I have a Realtek ALC1200 audio system. After I downloaded the Realtek high definition audio driver (8668_UAD_WHQL_RTK from https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S/index.asp#Download), I now see the Realtek(R) Audio device at Device Manager (under Sound, video and game controllers). 

If I open up the settings app and set the sound output device to "Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio)", and set the master volume to high settings, I hear nothing. If I set the output device to VG248 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)", I hear the audio. What do I need to do so that I can hear audio output when I set the sound output device to "Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio)"?

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    How are your speakers plugged into the system? The V248 is your monitor so if you're getting sound when setting that as your audio device, it means either your monitor has built-in speakers that it's using or your speakers are actually plugged into an audio port on the monitor itself. 

That Realtek speakers audio device isn't your actual speaker set, but rather it's the driver that controls the on-board audio on your computer. When setting your audio device to Realtek speakers, your speakers/headphones have to be plugged directly into the computer. 
  • shorty123
    shorty123
    First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Tony, after I plugged headphones into the headset jack, I was able to hear audio with the sound output device set to Realtek Audio. Thanks for your help. You can mark this post as answered. I don't know how to accept your answer.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    You don't have to actually click accept answer or anything like that. Let us know if there's anything else you need!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99