Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=e9d848fc-696b-411d-ba91-5c7034825bb6       First time Builder.   Watched a lot of You Tube Builds and Videos, talk to lots of people, read a Dummies Book, don't REALLY know what I am doing -  I worry about Thermals and Compatibility.    Any and all suggestions, criticisms, advice, etc. welcome.   Thanks to all.  

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    All good in terms of compatibility, although I'd go with a slightly different kit of memory:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/613487/gskill-ripjaws-v-32gb-(2-x-16gb)-ddr4-3600-pc4-28800-cl16-dual-channel-desktop-memory-kit-f4-3600c16d-32gvkc---black

That would be my choice. The main difference than the kit you chose is the CAS Latency on this one is 16 instead of 19, so it's slightly faster. It's a small price difference for a slightly higher quality kit of RAM so I'd definitely go with that instead. Besides that, you don't need that set of Arctic case fans because the Lancool II mesh comes with four fans in the box already, and your AIO cooler comes with three as well. 

What are you using the build for exactly? If you're gaming only then I think you'd be better served by jumping over to the i7-10700k instead, but if you're doing some other things that are more multi-thread intensive then the 3900X is a fantastic choice. 
  • Thank you for your Reply.   Yes, I am a gamer.  Not a good gamer, but I like to play.  Everyone likes to play with me because I am a good sport and I die a lot, helping their kill ratio.  And then I will be the one to go get the Pizza.   I do better at single player games with some strategy involved than I do at games like Call of Duty.    But I use my computer for my Entire Life.    I capture and edit videos, I stream movies, I check the news of the day, the sports scores, e-mail my Brother and Sister, receive instructions from my Boss (Girlfriend) -- AND I often times do all these things AT THE SAME TIME.    I grew up in a box known as the TV, but now I live in a box known as the PC.    So this build is very important to me, and I will tend to lean to the side of Overkill when building it.   I will switch out my Ram as you suggest.  Thanks!
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    If you're video editing and possibly rendering then I think the 3900X is a great all-around choice. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99