Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice.
I am mostly looking for a system that can run Cyberpunk on High-Ultra with RTX on at 60 FPS, I don't have a 2k monitor, I still play on 1080p.
 https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=9b4c1b64-18b5-455d-bc6e-9bdf72a9ed7d

Comments

• Gonzo
    Gonzo
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I am also planning to upgrade my processor next year i am just at the budget limit on my processor, i could also downgrade to a 3070 and invest more on my processor, if you think i could achieve those 60 FPS with RTX on ultra.
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello Gonzo, 

The build looks good however if you are looking to play Cyberpunk at 60FPS and at 1080p, the 3080 is most likely overkill.  Although we do not have definitive testing with Cyberpunk, the 60FPS 1080p is pretty low mark to hit, and I think a 3070 or 2080 will work even with RTX On.  Build looks fine, if you are on a budget however, switch your RAM from RGB to non-RGB.  
  • Gonzo
    Options
    Yah i thought 3080 was a bit overkill! I probably will go for 3070 or 2080s when the prices go down and invest a bit more on my processor.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    I definitely agree with Phil on this one. At 1080p the high end cards are way more then enough, I'd only buy something like a 3080 if you're gaming at 1440p or 4k. The Ryzen 5 3600 is definitely a great processor with some strong value but at 1080p with this kind of budget I think the i5-10600k would be the choice.
  • Gonzo
    Options
    @TSTonyV Hi! I went for the R5 3600 and a 2080 S as I got a good offer when the 3080 got released here. Do you think this could handle Cyberpunk 2077 with RTX on High-Ultra on 1080p?
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Hi, @Gonzo I think you'll see great performance with these parts. I'd expect it to run well at 1080p. However, since the game hasn't been released I can't speak to its exact performance. Just guessing. 😊
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99