New custom build LAN issue

Options
Hello. Just built my first PC for gaming and everything works just fine except for the ethernet port.
My PC parts:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x (Used included Wraith Prism cooler)
MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming x570 Plus(WIFI)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8GB DDR4 3600
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus nvme 1TB
GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super
Built the PC without any issues. It started just fine into Bios.  Installed Windows 10 with USB. After installing Windows 10 I plugged in the Ethernet cord and it would connect for about 20-30 seconds then disconnect. When you look at the network settings it reads my network and all that but just wont connect to any website or speedtest. WIFI works so I connected to the internet using the WIFI which works just fine. Downloaded all the windows updates first then the important drivers from the ASUS website(Chipset, Audio, LAN, WIFI, etc.) Double checked that the LAN function was enabled in BIOS which it is. After all this I still can't get the LAN port to work. Unfortunately this is a big deal for me as I prefer to used a wired connection for online gaming. I'm thinking its a faulty LAN port on the MOBO itself. But this is my first build so there may be something simple im overlooking. I really dont want to have to replace the MOBO as that would require me to uninstall everything. So my question is this. Is there anything im overlooking that may be a simple fix? Also, if it is a faulty MOBO LAN port could I just buy a PCIe LAN adapter like the D-link GigaExpress that is for sale in the Microcenter store, or maybe a USB to Ethernet adaptor instead of replacing the entire MOBO as I really dont want to uninstall the CPU in particular. Plus everything else works just fine. The Ethernet is my only issue with this build.

P.S. I have tried 2 different LAN cables. Both of which work on other devices just fine.

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99