Deciding Between CPU

Options
Need some help deciding on a CPU. I am looking to upgrade my old i7-6700k.  The use will be primarily blu-ray ripping/conversion using DVDFab or Handbrake and occasional gaming primarily Assassin Creed Valhalla, Marvel's Avengers and Star Wars Squadrons.
I also like to tinker with my CPU by overclocking. It will be water cooled in a midtower case. I am partial to Intel as DVDFab is more efficent on Intel builds, and are easier to overclock in my previous experience. Finally I am trying to stay below the $500 mark 
Here are my choices

AMD

1. Ryzen 7 3800XT
  2. Ryzen 9 3900XT

Intel

1. i9-10900K
  2. i9-10850K
  3. i5-10600K

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    These are all great CPUs. They will definitely be able to perform the tasks that you mentioned and do it with ease. Since you mentioned that you enjoy tinkering with an overclock, I'd recommend going with the 10600k. It's shown a great ability to be overclocked. I've seen that several people have gotten clocks close to or above the 10900k. (Seen here) It does range quite a bit depending on your CPU but I think that's quite impressive for the price. That being said, each of these chips will do well and are overclockable. I'd recommend going with what your budget allows and enjoy any extra performance you can glean!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99