Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=e2bf0687-6df7-4f74-9d48-8f6309a8f272
Two OS   Win 10 Ubuntu 20.3
Photogrammerty 3D Modeling and Rendering GIS Applications
Just over budget of 2K

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hello @RogueWaveI made a few changes to your build that I think are important.
    I'll describe the changes and explain them from top to bottom.

I swapped out your motherboard for an option that is a bit more expensive because I felt that since you chose teh 3950X you would want to pair it with an equally powerful/robust motherbaord.
    I changed your PSU to a fully modular option with an 80 Plus Gold rating. This will mean that there will be less wire mess in the case, as well as a better power efficiency.
    The GPU you had selected was one with a water block attached and would require a custom water cooling loop. I'd recommend a 3070 but it hasn't yet released. So I've replaced it with a similar option at a close price to the expected MSRP of the 3070.
    I noticed you only included a single NVMe drive for your storage. I'd suggest adding either an additional NVMe or a HDD for your project files.
    I did change out your CPU cooler as well, but wasn't sure of what you'd prefer. I listed two different options, either the Noctua - NH-D15, or the ASUS - ROG Ryou 240 240mm RGB AIO.  They are comperable options in performance, but they offer a different asthetic. Pick one and remove the other!

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99