Powerspec 1530 Hard Drives

Can the Powerspec 1530 be outfitted with additional drives?
On the board there is a connection for an additional m.2 and a space for a traditional 2.5" drive.
Neither of the hard drives I added are being detected by the bios

Comments

• I know it's been a while since you asked this question, but I was able to put in another Western Digital Black M.2 drive and it's working just fine. Since the drive I put in was unformatted, I had to go to the Windows Disk Management utility to format the drive before I could start using it.
    BTW, did you also have trouble getting to the internals? It was such a pain. I didn't realize that you had to pop the keyboard off to reveal two other screws holding the backplate. Glad I didn't try to pry it open, although I damaged a piece of the thin plastic near the USB port.
  • Sorry to see we missed this question!
    @OneKillaVolt You're correct about being able to add more storage devices to the 1530.
    It is quite a delicate piece of hardware, no prying or bending should be required to access the internals. Glad you used proper care!
  • On the MC website, 1530 SPECS tab, it lists, EXPANSION: Expansion Slots: 3 PCIe M.2 Slots, 1 Available

When MC fixed the speakers of my OpenBox, I bought and added a second NVMe drive while the case was open.

I should have looked closer or taken a photo, but from above, I read that there's a space for a 2.5 SSD as well (not listed on the SPECS tab)? If its possible to add, does anything special need to be done to get the system to recognize a 2.5 SSD as well as I see for WarMacheen above that one was not being detected?

Thx

• @ddrieg just chiming in. Yes I believe the Powerspec 1530 15.6" gaming laptop should have an empty 2.5" SSD slot that you can add a a 2.5" SSD. Assuming you'd be using it as a 2ndary drive, you'd just have format it through windows in disk management.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99