WHAT DOES MICROCENTER DO A PC POST TEST FOR AND HOW LONG DO THEY DO IT FOR

Options
Prathik
Prathik
Name Dropper First Comment
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
im getting a pc built by microcenter but i am worried that there might be an issue that would eventually make me drive back to the store after a couple of days. I know microcenter does a test before giving the pc to you to make sure it is running well. but what exactly do they check and how long do they check for

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Or testing changes depending on what issues you describe to us. Because each computer is different and the problem can unique, testing does vary. Typically, we quote a 1-3 day turnaround time for service. As I mentioned, the time would depend on the issue, but also it would depend on how many other items we have in our service department. Here's a link to more info about our diagnosis process. https://www.microcenter.com/site/service/instore-service-diagnostics.aspx
  • JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hello @Prathik I spoke with our local service department here at our store in Columbus and I wanted to take the time to better answer your question. 
    If your build does not include an OS install we would ensure that it POSTs before we contact you to let  you know that the build is complete.
    If your build includes an OS install then we would typically run a diagnostics test and "Burn-in" or stress test to ensure that all is working as intended. After this is complete would notify you that your new build is ready for pickup.

If you find that there may be an issue with your build, you're more than welcome to contact us here or to contact our technical support department directly, so that we can try to diagnose and solve the issue without you needing to return to the store.
    I hope this better explains our processes and gives you more reassurance in your decision to have us build your new PC. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99