WiFi on my laptop

Options
Curtiss
Curtiss
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
Hello All ...

I have a HP Pavilion laptop running both Windows 10 and Linux Mint 20. WiFi worked fine yesterday. But today the WiFi icon on the taskbar disappeared and didn't see it in control panel. I uninstalled the WiFi drivers and reinstalled them. Also, rebooted (no joy), airplane mode is not is not enabled. I also installed Linux Mint 20, still no joy. 

Anyhow, I have the receipt and bought the laptop through Micro Center in Overland Park, KS. My wife is in Michigan. If I send her the receipt, can she get it repaired at the MC location in Michigan or does she have to send it to me so I can get it repaired at the MC (and where I purchased) here in Kansas. 

Thanks.

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    I'd like to try to sort this out with you here if you're up for it. Otherwise, you may have it serviced or repaired at any MC location.
    Has the service disappeared completely from your machine?
    Lets try a few basic things on Windows 10 and then go from there.
    From the Start Menu, please type "Change Wi-Fi settings." Do you see that the Wi-Fi is on?
    Another option to try would be the device manager.
    From the Start Menu, type "Device Manager" and see if there is a wireless device listed under Network adapters?
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99