Need help choosing processor & graphics card

Options
I am not a gamer and not very interested in graphics, only raw computing power. I initially chose the processor and MoBo because it has built-in graphics, and the MoBo because it supports this processor. However, I want a DVI connector for the display device, and the MoBo only has an HDMI port, so I'd need to get a graphics card anyway. Is there any point in getting this processor if I have to get a graphics card anyway?

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    You could always just use an HDMI to DVI adapter/cable, I've used one before with no issues. The only problem that might cause is if you're trying to play audio directly out of built-in speakers in your monitor because a DVI connector doesn't carry audio. 

If you get a system with a dedicated GPU you don't need integrated graphics on the CPU. They can be nice to have for potential troubleshooting assuming you ran into some kind of GPU issue in the future, but that's the only real need for integrated graphics in a system with a dedicated video card (or if you're wanting to use integrated graphics + GPU to run a large amount of monitors). 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99