Looking to build a new PC

NYCaribou
NYCaribou
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
Last year I tried to build a PC using the following parts:
ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 AM4 AMD Promontory X470 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3.7 GHz (4.3 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 105W YD270XBGAFBOX Desktop Processor
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model CMK16GX4M2B3000C15R
Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 3D2, QLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SSDPEKNW010T8X1
WD Black 2TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD2003FZEX
CORSAIR HX Series HX750 CP-9020137-NA 750W ATX12V v2.4 / EPS12V 2.92 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Full Modular Power Supply.
ASUS Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DVD-E818AAT (DVD-E818AAT/BLK/B/GE) (x2)
Cooler Master HAF 912 - Mid Tower Computer Case with High Airflow, Supporting up to Six 120mm Fans and USB 3.0
XFX RX-590P8DFD6 Radeon Rx 590 Fatboy 8GB OC+ 1580MHz DDR5 3xDP HDMI DVI Graphic Card

Everything went wrong. In 2011 I built the rig I'm using and everything went right. But this time, last year, everything went wrong. I'm pretty sure the motherboard and possibly the CPU, and maybe even the RAM, are defunct. I just don't have the hand dexterity anymore.

And unfortunately, it seems like a number of the parts I used are no longer available anywhere; I'm getting the notion that they are discontinued, which bothers me a fair bit, especially the chassis (Cooler Master HAF 912).

I still have the machine in my closet, but with my disability (I can walk unaided for a limited time but mostly use a cane and have balance issues), I don't know if there's any way I can schlep it to the nearest MIcro Center store. It's big, it's heavy, and I'm a huge target while trying to carry it.

In the likely event I have to start all over, the nearest (if you could call it that, it's an hour away via transit or NYC Access-A-Ride) Micro Center is 850 3rd Avenue in Brooklyn, NY. If any Micro Center staff is able to talk to me and we can get a dialogue started, I'm hoping to use whatever is the most similar build to the parts and specs I listed above. I should be able to bring over the DVD drives, SATA cables, and the HDD to the nearest store at 850 3rd Avenue. I'm especially hoping a chassis similar to the HAF 912 is available; one with customization options instead of being a WYSIWYG model.

I do NOT have, and don't plan to get, a standalone DVD/Blu-Ray player for my TV. I'm content watching on my computer, and please let's just leave it at that, okay?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99