The Oculus Quest 2 Launch & Discussion

Options
AlexS
AlexS admin
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes Micro Center Staff

The Oculus Quest 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATVGl9wOJsM

It is an exciting time for VR fans in October!  Oculus’ latest offering, The Oculus Quest 2, is set to launch Tuesday, October 13th and we are sure you are just excited for it as much as we are. See them on the Micro Center website:

Here are some highlights of the specifications we are ready to experience!

• The Quest 2 features a resolution of 1832x1920 per eye, up from 1440x1600 for the first-generation Quest.
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon XR2 Chip: Oculus is taking things further with their new start-of-the-art processing platform which offers higher A.I. capability, and 6GB of RAM. This should provide a significant performance increase for standalone performance.
  • With the Qualcomm upgrade, the new display will also be capable of supporting 90 Hz!*
  • The Quest 2 will support Oculus link, and you will be able to connect the new VR headset to your PC, for increased performance.

*90 Hz will be offered for system applications on Day One but Oculus plans to open developers to 90 Hz soon after launch.

(Image from Oculus.com)

As an owner of the Oculus Quest and the Oculus Rift S, this Virtual Reality headset leaps and bounds over its predecessors.  The upgraded performance and sleek design are causing the urge to upgrade sooner than later. 

(Image from Oculus.com)

I am happy with Oculus’ decision to allow the Quest 2 to have seamless use with a compatible PC with an Oculus Link cable.  This should allow for use with apps such as SteamVR and allow access to your Steam Library and any VR enabled titles!

I am certainly looking forward seeing the next step in standalone VR with the Oculus Quest 2.  So while I thank you for taking the time to read this, I have these questions for you.  Let us know in the comments below!

What feature are you most excited for in the Oculus Quest 2?
What sort of experience do you enjoy most in Virtual Reality?

Resources: https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99