Complete DIY desk setup

redstone
redstone
edited July 2023 in General Discussion
Hey everyone, I am very new, and when it comes to building PCs, I am very green. Yet, for some reason, I have decided to try something completely out of my comfort zone. I am an amateur woodworker, and I would like to build a PC within a wooden enclosure. I got my inspiration from DIY Perks' youtube clip "Building a spectacular DIY 'desk PC'" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaoFh1DH51U&t=632s) and while I'll be mostly following his guidance, I will take a note or two out of my own experience. Right now, I'd like your opinion on two things:
1. if I wanted to wire capacitor buttons so that I can turn on and off my PC without getting into the parts, who would I ask for help when it comes to programming the buttons (I'm not even sure if programming is the right word). This is explained in the video but I am not too savy.
2. heat, heat, heat! I will be using two large radiators connected to a water pump that's cooling the main components like the CPU on the motherboard and the GPU. Do you think I will need to cut out additional holes for fans or for the PSU.
3. what other cool things do you think I can hook up to this? Since I'm going all out, I'd love to add lights and a mic.
4. What kind of corners do you guys think I can cut in terms of water cooling or if I have enough ports, do I even need it?
5. Last thing, he mentions we cannot connect our IO to the motherboard, so he suggested buying short panel mount extension wires and to make a panel cutout connected to it. I don't mind making the panel, but can I just screw in the female ports onto a makeshift panel?

Thanks for any help you recommend and check out the video, it's actually really fascinating, inspiring me to bring together tech and nature into one case.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99