Screen Advice for Photoshop, Lightroom and Premier Editing

Options
iTorre
iTorre
edited June 2021 in Peripherals
I just overloaded on information regarding screens and I am wondering if anyone can help simplify it for me and suggest some specs I need to be concerned with when selecting a monitor to add to my iMac desktop for editing.  Want is to be at least as crispy as my iMac if not better.  Below is what I am currently working with:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
Processor 4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Memory 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Built-in Retina Display
27-inch (5120 x 2880)
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB graphics

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.  Appreciate the support.

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @iTorre

Is there any budget when selecting your monitor?  I do think some of the better Mac Monitors including that infamous Apple Pro Display XDR are some the the best options available for consumers.  
  • Waffler
    Waffler ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Graphic designer here, I know how important a color-accurate monitor is for the work you're doing.
    At the very least, get a monitor that uses an IPS panel, those are by far the most color accurate. That said, not all of them may be accurate out of the box and require some tweaking (if you read reviews of monitors, many will tell you how accurate they are out of the box). You can calibrate your display by eye if you like (both Windows and Mac have an in-built calibration guide for your convenience). Or, if color is critical, I'd suggest buying a monitor calibrator, but they're not exactly cheap.

Dell makes excellent monitors, for one. A high-end Mac-like monitor would be either a BenQ or Eizo (latter tend to be professional grade).
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99