Plan for a future build:

Options
Currently, I own a PC that was built for me as a Christmas Gift, but it contains parts that are currently past their time. Which didn't become obvious until I started playing newer games like Conan Exiles which was made in 2018.
Which contains the following parts:
  • AMD FX-8350 Processor (Made in 2012)
  • GTX 750TI (Made in 2013)
  • MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard (Made in 2011)
  • 32GB DDR3 RAM (Don't know the brand)
  • 250GB HDD (Don't know the brand)
  • I also store my games on an External WD SSD 1TB
The budget I am trying to go for is between $1800 - $2000, which I hope to make enough money for in the summer when I go back to work. I need to know if the parts that I picked in the PC builder are a good choice (I also wanted to see about getting a 2080TI or a 3070 instead of that 2070 Super) and will get my money's worth.

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=8a67489a-c294-4e96-a8a5-f177fd4441d2

Comments

• TSKevinG
    Options
    Good afternoon @AspiringBuilder1

Looking over the build you have here, these parts should work good for the system.  depending on when you are able to build the system  there may be some newer parts available.  You mention the 3070 graphics which will be coming out later this month.  Also AMD next generation of processors is also launching in the beginning of November so once you are able to build a system you may want to take a look at some of the new parts, that way you would not have to upgrade it as soon.
  • Will the new 5th Gen Ryzen CPUs be seeing a slight increase in price, or will they be the same as the previous version.?
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    The 5000 Series Processors will be priced higher than their previous versions but you may see price decreases of current 3rd Gen Ryzen as well.  
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99