why is my touch screen on my HP ghost touching

Options
dinae
dinae
First Comment
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
Today I got my computer back after a screen being broken Microcenter fixed it or at least I thought. I went to get into a program and the screen is doing its own touching it's opening up different apps and closing other apps that are open you try to access the internet and it just keeps closing off the screen where you can't even put your password in I'm getting a little annoyed. This is a touch screen I'm not going to disable the touch screen that's why I purchased it that's the only explanation your tech could give me. is there something else that I can do to get this fixed without having to send it all the way back to Microcenter??

Answers

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @dinae

I have moved this discussion to a more appropriate section.  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the Touchscreen of the computer?  It could be a driver issue however if this does not resolve the issue, it is likely a hardware issue with the touchscreen and would require additional service.  We would prioritize this however and expedite the service as it is a return service.  
  • dinae
    Options
    I don't know how to do what you're talking about
  • dinae
    Options
    Reply to TS Phillip.
    I don't know how to do what you talked about installing reinstalling I don't know how to do that that's why I sent it to micro center. I can't even get into my computer long enough to do anything let alone try to uninstall install something can you please help me out with a little bit more of what I can do here.  I have to mail it to you.I live in a totally different state if this is a return I don't think I should have to pay to have it returned back to you when the job wasn't done

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    To uninstall your Touchscreen Driver, 

1.) Right Click the Window Icon in the bottom left and select "Device Manager"

Once you select Device Manager, you should see a new box with a lot of drop downs.  Go to "Human Interface Devices" and expand it, then look for one of the devices that say "Touchscreen".  Right click it and click uninstall.  Do not click any check marks when uninstalling it.  Then restart the computer and it will reinstall that driver automatically.  
  • dinae
    Options
    Did as you say . I am still getting ghost touches on my screen. My mouse moves all over the place it won't stay where I put it. All the ghost touches are in the bottom left hand of my screen near the window icon and apps are coming on and I haven't touched the screen I have a video if you'd like

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @dinae

Would it be ok if we disable your touchscreen temporarily so we can confirm it is a touchscreen issue?  We can enable it right after disabling it, would just like to confirm.  The steps for doing this is similar as the previous, but rather than clicking "Uninstall", click "Disable" and see if that ghost touching disappeared.  
  • dinae
    Options
    Yes the ghost touching stopped and yes things stopped opening up on my screen and now just the mouse is available. Now what do I do
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @dinae

Since we can confirm it being the touchscreen, let's try checking if HP has released a specific driver for the touchscreen.  Do you have the RP/SV Number for the service?  If not, can you provide the serial number for the HP Laptop?
  • dinae
    Options
    Okay your store just replaced this touch screen I just received it back today. Nothing has been done to it otherwise. I'm just going to send it back to you guys.. so you can fix it
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    @dinae

We can definitely get this addressed if you could bring it back to our store for service.  
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99