Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. It's my first PC build, and hoping to stream/game. Looking for high performance. I'll also choose a Full tower. Thanks!
  https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-intel.aspx?load=78206fee-6401-4a0f-bbf4-3aaed907f0a5

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    @sneakymetal Welcome to the community!
    I think this is a great build you've got selected here. I'd recommend a 240mm AIO instead of the selected 120mm.
    What's your budget for this build? The motherboard you've chosen is a beast of a platformt that will perform well, especially if you plan to overclock. However, if that's not your goal, you could go with something a bit cheaper to lower the total cost of your build. One other suggestion I have is to add another storage drive. (SSD or HDD) I find it far too easy to fill a 1TB drive these days, and since you mentioned streaming, I think you'll agree with me. Archived footage takes up quite a bit of space!
  • @LandShark Thank you for the tips! I actually updated the list to the 240mm shortly after posting, so I agree. 
    Budget wise, I'm trying to stay around $2k but could could go a little higher! Would it be better to get a bigger SSD drive or just add a second one?
  • JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited October 2020
    Options
    For SSDs, you can typically go with another drive to allow for more bandwidth if you're multitasking. e.g., System on one drive, games on another splitting the work load. That being said, it's fairly challenging to reach a bottleneck on the M.2 you've selected. It boasts a Read Speed Up to 2,000MBps | Write Speed Up to 1,925MBps. If it's a storage drive, I'd recommend a SATA SSD, as the cost per GB is a bit lower than M.2. If you're looking for performance, M.2 is the way to go.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99