AMD 5000 series to be continued?

Options
Because NVIDIA all but stopped production on their 2000 series in favor of the 3000, I was wondering if anybody knows if AMD intends to do the same thing with their upcoming Big Navi launch. AMD tends to undercut the competition and keep their older products on the shelf for a good long while, making them even more affordable.

Comments

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I'm not sure of their plans for production. I'd expect them to phase the previous generation out soon after they release the new generation. Completely speculation here, but based on several rumors that I've seen, AMD will be directly competing with the 3080. Because of that, they may focus more on production toward the new generation of GPU. That being said, there are quite a few differences this compared to the last release of products from these companies. It's hard to say how things will unfold!
  • Waffler
    Options
    LandShark said:
    I'm not sure of their plans for production. I'd expect them to phase the previous generation out soon after they release the new generation. Completely speculation here, but based on several rumors that I've seen, AMD will be directly competing with the 3080. Because of that, they may focus more on production toward the new generation of GPU. That being said, there are quite a few differences this compared to the last release of products from these companies. It's hard to say how things will unfold!

Thanks for your input. Will there be another megathread like the 3000 series release for AMD's Big Navi?
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Absolutely, I'd expect it later today or tomorrow after the live stream!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99