i need help building my first gaming pc

Options
hi everybody. i am a complete idiot and i told my nephew i would buy him a gaming computer if he got straight a's. i honestly didnt think he could do it, at least for a long time but he did it immediately. im trying to just upgrade a computer i have, which is the lenovo ideacentre 710-25ish. i bought a gtx 1660 super (single fan). it has an i5-6400 cpu and that seems still ok. now I am lost. I figure I will probably need a new power supply and maybe a new mother board. How do i do this as cheaply as possible because i wasnt actually ready for this financially. lol. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Answers

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @je2000

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community and congratulations to your nephew!  

You are likely to need a new power supply and a new motherboard however you may have difficulties finding a motherboard.  You will need to find a chipset that supports 6th Gen Intel and we do not carry one and are not in production, so you will need to use sites like ebay or Amazon to find them.  

Something like a Z270 motherboard would be what I would recommend.  
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99