PowerSpec G507 Gaming Computer Power Issues

Options
8diamonds
8diamonds
Name Dropper First Comment
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
Hello. I purchased a PowerSpec G507 Gaming Computer a bit over a month ago. I had to return the first one because it would not power on. The second one is working well most of the time but occasionally when it's powered off completely it is really hard to turn back on. The top power button sticks but I generally have to unplug it, move it around and then plug it back in. 

I would guess the first step is checking all the power source connections. What else could be the issue here? I have never had it lose power in use, and I have it set to sleep automatically. For example, last night it slept and today when I got up it was totally off and hard to restart.  

I really don't want to have to take the whole thing back again, I don't even have the packaging anymore. I could also replace the PSU but I'd rather not on a brand new computer. Are there any known issues with this model, it seems weird to get two new PCs with power issues. Thanks for any help. 

Edit: I now see the PowerSpec forum but I can't find a way to move or delete this post.

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @8diamonds

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community!  I see you are having issues with your system turning off while in sleep mode and having issues getting out of sleep mode.  It does sound like the issue lies with the sleep mode.  This could be an issue with Windows 10 or a certain setting in either the BIOS or on Windows 10 is set wrong.

There are steps in this article that I would recommend going through; https://windowsreport.com/computer-wont-wake-up-from-sleep/ 
  • 8diamonds
    Options
    @TSPhillipT thanks I will check that out.

But it comes out of sleep fine. The problem is sometimes it shuts off entirely and then I can't turn it back on easily. So the issue is more that it has problems turning on from being completely powered off.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Could you describe the top power button sticking a bit more? What exactly is it doing? 
    It does sound like the computer is going into a sleep state and then to hibernate, then not returning from hibernate. I'd recommend checking on those settings and possibly disabling the hibernate option if possible. 
  • 8diamonds
    Options
    @LandShark When I depress the power button on the top of the case sometimes it doesn't come back up all the way. I went in and double-checked all connections and I was looking into the sleep/hibernate settings. I think that may have been it. I switched off the hibernate setting 2 days ago and so far it's staying in sleep and waking fine. Thanks for the help and suggestions.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Great! Glad that all is working for you now! 😊👍
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99