Need Help Choosing Parts for my $1000 build

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. I am aiming for right around $1000. I have a 1080p monitor, so I don't need anything crazy. I also play mostly single player games, so the goal here is a solid 60fps and holding the highest settings. Let me know if you have any suggestions! It would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I've been going in circles for months now and just want some outside advice.   https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=a9f09b04-d00b-46a3-bc13-7855b08fb8da

Comments

• Lateral
    Lateral ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    This is an easy fix. Number 1: motherboard! An easy change to an ASrock B450M Pro4 would be good. Number 2: RAM! Nobody needs 3600mhz. It's cheaper to get 3200mhz. Number 3: PSU(power supply)! For single player and games that aren't COD, ur good with 600W. Number 4: Case! eATX is a bit harder to assemble so go for a normal ATX. Number 5: Graphics Card! If you don't care a lot about graphics, maybe a good old NVIDIA GeFOrce RTX 1650/Super is cool and cheaper than other things. Number 6: Storage! Ok, you said single player games, they have a lot to store. Perfect for you is 256GB SSD then a good old 1TB HDD and you are set my friend. Number 7: Extra fans that you don't need! Those fans at the end, waste of money, all cases come with pre-installed fans.
    That is all! I hope you enjoy your fresh $673.92 single player gaming PC!

Edited to recommendations PC: https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx#selector_8
    (I'm not sure if the link worked but I hope it does)
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Honestly, I think your current build is pretty great for what you've got in mind. 60 FPS at highest settings is very doable for this selection and you're just under your budget! If possible, I'd recommend increasing the size of your storage. Many games are nearly 100GB these days, so the 500GB drive you've selected will fill quickly!
    Here's a video I found with some performance measurements for you to see what you've got to look forward to!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99