Ryzen 5000 series

Options
Will the new Ryzen 5000 series processors be in store on Thursday November 5th or online only? 

Comments

• TSKevinG
    Options
    Good Afternoon MDCustomer121 and welcome to the micro center community.  We do plan on having some of the Ryzen 5000 series processors in stock for launch tomorrow.  However we do not Know what models we will have and the number of each processor.  I would Keep an eye on our website as this should update with more information

https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntk=all&sortby=match&N=4294966995+4294819840+4294808559&myStore=true
  • ManicDan
    Options
    The search shows a few products and says in-store only, does that mean I should show up tomorrow (Thursday) morning as the only way to get one? I just want to be sure that online orders will not eat up the stock and an early morning drive is still the proper way to get one. 
    Thank you,
    -Dan
  • TSKevinG
    Options
    Good afternoon Dan

Since these are marked as in store only items these will not be able to be ordered online.  You will want to come directly in to the store tomorrow to get one of the processors.
  • Hello, what time will the store be open tomorrow for the release of the Ryzen 5000 series?
  • TSKevinG
    Options
    Our store will be opening at our Current normal hours which will be 9 AM.  Below is a link with our store hours.

https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/2406/what-are-the-store-hours#latest
  • Thank you, I was informed by an employee in Tustin that mentioned the store sometimes open early as 6am for newly released products, ie the 3000 rtx's. Is it safe to say this wont be the case for new Ryzens?
  • JS_MC
    Options
    We didn't offer any special hours for this launch. However, if we're able to change hours for future lanches we do reflect those changes on the store info page, and typically we post about it here too!
  • Captain_OmNoms
    Options
    What's the restocking plan like for these processors? All sold out in Chicago but should we be expecting weeks between restock or any ideas here? Scalpers are killing us who just want to play some games. 
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Our restocking plan as I've heard it is to get them to our stores as soon as we have them. Which means going above an beyond our normal shipping processes. Wherever possible we're getting these drop shipped to our stores directly from AMD. Otherwise we've expedited our typical shipping process. We're waiting to receive more from AMD at this point. As soon as we have them, we'll get them to you in our stores!
  • Geeky1
    Options
    Why didn't you allow us to purchase online and pickup in store or curbside? That way we don't waste time driving to the store just to find out it's sold out? When I click on the product, it comes up as sold out, then changes to limited availability. Also don't want to waste a drive if it sells out between the time I leave home and get there.
  • 3DPro
    Options
    Could a MicroCenter Rep please provide a little clarity?  This morning the site listed the Ryzen 9 5950X in stock with limited availability.  I drove across town to get one and the Rep said they only got two and they are out of stock.  I pulled up the site in front of him showing it stated in stock limited availability, and he then informed me the site is not reliable and do not trust it to call instead.

Fast forward to this evening, I have called and am currently on hold for over 40 minutes with the audio/on hold messaging stating... "As a reminder, pricing and availability is up to date in real time on our website."  Which, according to the Rep, is completely false.

Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated.

Take care!  :)
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    3DPro said:
    Could a MicroCenter Rep please provide a little clarity?  This morning the site listed the Ryzen 9 5950X in stock with limited availability.  I drove across town to get one and the Rep said they only got two and they are out of stock.  I pulled up the site in front of him showing it stated in stock limited availability, and he then informed me the site is not reliable and do not trust it to call instead.

Fast forward to this evening, I have called and am currently on hold for over 40 minutes with the audio/on hold messaging stating... "As a reminder, pricing and availability is up to date in real time on our website."  Which, according to the Rep, is completely false.

So... it's kind of a "yes and no" answer. For 99% of the products we carry, our website is pretty accurate and updated frequently to reflect what's in stock. However, for some cases like when we have new product launches, things end up being a little different. With the insanely high demand on these new releases many stores were using vouchers for people to claim their CPU and they may be claimed before they actually even make it onto the shelf and get listed on the website.  This would be especially true for the 5950X as there were so few available and pretty high demand. I'm willing to bet every single one was claimed before the stores opened and the website could even be updated in the first place. 

Along with that, I'm pretty sure some of these processors are basically being drop-shipped into the stores directly from AMD (like the 3080/3090s are at the moment) which means we don't always know when/how many we'll be able to get at any given store. It's entirely possible your local store could get another shipment during the day when you happen to show up, or it may not. 

I know it feels like you're getting ping-ponged around and told incorrect answers, but it's more just that big product releases like this are kind of an exception to the rule, especially with how this year has been. I'll also say that even if the rep in-store said to call, it's still better to actually visit the store because our phone calls are routed through our centralized call center and we don't always know exact stock in these situations. Like I said, 99% of our products the website/calling will get you the answer you need, but for special situations it's a little difficult.

I hope this helps clarify. 
  • 3DPro
    Options
    Understood and thanks for detailed response.
  • Geeky1
    Options
    3DPro said:

Also my local store has no phone number listed on the website so I can't even call to confirm availability! Even Google doesn't list a phone number for the store.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Hey, @Geeky1 as @TSTonyV mention a bit, calling our store number rings through to our corporate call center in Ohio. Our call center has access to the same information that you would if you're browsing our website as it's the tool that we use when asked about our inventory in store. (It's that accurrate!) 😊
    If you're looking for information on a newly released product, our website may list the item as "Limited Availability" due to the speed at which these items are being sold. Since people are frequently waiting in line at the store for these items the inventory we get is typically gone within mintues. If you're looking for info on a different type of item i.e. one that wasn't recently released, our website is quite accurate and updates every 10-15 minutes. Also, with these items, we'd recommend that you add it to your cart and reserve it when possible. This way you guarantee that you get your item once you receive your confirmation email.
  • Geeky1
    Options
    Ack, a X570 motherboard that I had my eye on for quite some time (and in my cart previously), also sold out yesterday (was also in your ad). If I go to the store and am able to actually get a Ryzen 5000, will they issue me a rain check with a $20 bundle voucher for the motherboard? Also are there $20 bundle discounts with the Ryzen 5000s? I see some specific bundles listed, but not sure that includes all possible bundles.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Geeky1 said:
    Ack, a X570 motherboard that I had my eye on for quite some time (and in my cart previously), also sold out yesterday (was also in your ad). If I go to the store and am able to actually get a Ryzen 5000, will they issue me a rain check with a $20 bundle voucher for the motherboard? Also are there $20 bundle discounts with the Ryzen 5000s? I see some specific bundles listed, but not sure that includes all possible bundles.
    Yes, the 5000 series chips are eligible for the $20 bundle (should show on the website on the product page). 

I know if you're within the return period there's no issues with getting the bundle discount later, once you're outside that I think it would require manager approval
  • Geeky1
    Geeky1 ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2020
    Options
    The MB is back in stock today (10+). Yay! If it doesn't not have a new enough BIOS, do I need another recent Ryzen chip to update the X570 motherboard BIOS to support the 5000 series? The only other AMD chip I have is a really old AM3 Phenom II X4 945, which obviously won't work.
  • Captain_OmNoms
    Options
    Geeky1 said:
    The MB is back in stock today (10+). Yay! If it doesn't not have a new enough BIOS, do I need another recent Ryzen chip to update the X570 motherboard BIOS to support the 5000 series? The only other AMD chip I have is a really old AM3 Phenom II X4 945, which obviously won't work.
    In your previous post you said it's an x570. If it has a bios flashback button you should be able to flash the bios update even with a not supported cpu (not always) but check your motherboard manufacturer support site. Search for bios flaskback
  • Intermatrix
    Options
    When will there be more Ryzen 5000 CPU's back in Stock?  Can we Expect another Release soon of Several Processors?  Why the Bottleneck?  Can you Institute a "Que"  like most other places have so we can at least get in a Virtual Line?    Only asking these Stupid Questions because I am Handicap and cannot, for Obvious reasons, stand in line all day and night to purchase a CPU.  Handicap people are Pushed aside at times like this.  if there is a que then at least we have a chance.  Thank you..
  • Geeky1
    Options
    Your website showed limited quantity for all the Ryzen 5000 processors for the Denver store on Thursday-Saturday. I drove there on Thursday night just to find out it was closed for deep cleaning. I drove there again on Saturday and the sales person informed me that they have been sold out since Thursday morning and they would not hold/implement a wait list for people that showed up to buy one. I wasted time and gas twice to buy a product that your store obviously did not have and risked COVID infection in a crowded store. You should allow customers to purchase online and pick up in store or curbside. I was a regular customer in the past, but based on this recent EXTREMELY POOR EXPERIENCE, my preference will now be for online competitors as I am a VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER. YOU HAVE PROBABLY LOST A CUSTOMER due to your poor customer service. I'm sure many other customers are pissed off by this experience.

• JS_MC
    Options
    When will there be more Ryzen 5000 CPU's back in Stock?  Can we Expect another Release soon of Several Processors?  Why the Bottleneck?  Can you Institute a "Que"  like most other places have so we can at least get in a Virtual Line?    Only asking these Stupid Questions because I am Handicap and cannot, for Obvious reasons, stand in line all day and night to purchase a CPU.  Handicap people are Pushed aside at times like this.  if there is a que then at least we have a chance.  Thank you..
    We're hoping to have them back in stock soon! I don't have an exact date for when we expect them. I'm not sure what bottleneck you are referring to specifically. I think these processors do an excellent job at avoiding bottlenecks! I appreciate your feedback! I'd be happy to share your feedback with our corporate leadership.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Geeky1 said:
    Your website showed limited quantity for all the Ryzen 5000 processors for the Denver store on Thursday-Saturday. I drove there on Thursday night just to find out it was closed for deep cleaning. I drove there again on Saturday and the sales person informed me that they have been sold out since Thursday morning and they would not hold/implement a wait list for people that showed up to buy one. I wasted time and gas twice to buy a product that your store obviously did not have and risked COVID infection in a crowded store. You should allow customers to purchase online and pick up in store or curbside. I was a regular customer in the past, but based on this recent EXTREMELY POOR EXPERIENCE, my preference will now be for online competitors as I am a VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER. YOU HAVE PROBABLY LOST A CUSTOMER due to your poor customer service. I'm sure many other customers are pissed off by this experience.

Hello @Geeky1 I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to get a new processor and I'm sorry that we didn't do a proper job of explaining the current situation at our stores. Due to the limited availability of these CPUs we have adjusted the items to show "Limited Availability".  This is because these items sold out extremely quickly. I don't believe we have received any shipments since the launch of the 5000 series on Thursday.
    I apologize for our store being closed when you arrived, however, as soon as we find out that there may have been exposure to COVID, we close the store for a deep cleaning. We do this to ensure a safe experience for our customers and our associates. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for sharing this feedback with us.
  • jaddy
    Options
    Will the redeon 6000 series have resale like the RTX 3000 series?
  • Intermatrix
    Options
    This is another example of when someone skims over what you wrote and does not read what is written..  The subject of my last post was the CPU shortage, thus a "Bottleneck"..  the term bottleneck is not mutually exclusive to a CPU, hence its name. My concern, for those Interested is the short supply of CPU's..  I will Demonstrate       CPU > Availability < Customer       I hope this makes more sense..  CPU Availability "is" the Bottleneck..
  • JS_MC
    Options
    jaddy said:
    Will the redeon 6000 series have resale like the RTX 3000 series?
    We are expecting to have inventory upon release, but I haven't heard anything about the amount we'll have.
    This is another example of when someone skims over what you wrote and does not read what is written..  The subject of my last post was the CPU shortage, thus a "Bottleneck"..  the term bottleneck is not mutually exclusive to a CPU, hence its name. My concern, for those Interested is the short supply of CPU's..  I will Demonstrate       CPU > Availability < Customer       I hope this makes more sense..  CPU Availability "is" the Bottleneck..
    I see what you mean, @Intermatrix. Thank you for better explaining your post to me. There is certainly a demand that out measures the availability at this time! I'm hopeful that we'll see a decrease in the bottleneck soon!
  • bardolio
    Options
    So i'm new here but I live about 2 hours from the nearest Microcenter in Cambridge, MA. I just cancelled my preorder with B&H for this processor after they told me it would be March 2021 before my order was fulfilled. I REFUSE to interact with scalpers. So please, is there a good day I can show up at 9 AM or do I have to repeatedly drive 4 hours over a period of days to acquire a processor?
  • Intermatrix
    Options
    good luck..  I keep texting my local MC Store and they tell me to "keep checking the website"  I also have called Best Buy, AMD, B & H, Newegg.. Etc..   they all say the same thing.  "I don't know when we will get them back in stock" "I don't have access to that Information"  My Friend, it looks like we will just have to wait until there is sufficient stock.  I also will NOT give my hard earned money to a scalper.  they can choke on their supply for all I care.  I hope this helps some, i know it sucks to be waiting on the processors.
  • Geeky1
    Options
    LandShark said:
    Geeky1 said:

Hello @Geeky1 I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to get a new processor and I'm sorry that we didn't do a proper job of explaining the current situation at our stores. Due to the limited availability of these CPUs we have adjusted the items to show "Limited Availability".  This is because these items sold out extremely quickly. I don't believe we have received any shipments since the launch of the 5000 series on Thursday.
    I apologize for our store being closed when you arrived, however, as soon as we find out that there may have been exposure to COVID, we close the store for a deep cleaning. We do this to ensure a safe experience for our customers and our associates. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for sharing this feedback with us.
    The point is you should have been honest and updated the website to say "Out of Stock" instead of "Limited Availability" as it was sold out the first day and no products replenished since. "Limited Availability" implies there is some stock and does the customer a disservice when they make the drive to the store just to find out there is no product available.

• bardolio said:
    So i'm new here but I live about 2 hours from the nearest Microcenter in Cambridge, MA. I just cancelled my preorder with B&H for this processor after they told me it would be March 2021 before my order was fulfilled. I REFUSE to interact with scalpers. So please, is there a good day I can show up at 9 AM or do I have to repeatedly drive 4 hours over a period of days to acquire a processor?
    imin weymouth i have to go a good hour each way to get to the cambridge store, and if you do go, id recommend going 4 to 5 hours prior to open and waiting  for it to open, there has been lines and none to go around. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99