NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3000 Series vs. AMD Radeon 6000 Series|Which one should I get?

Options
NVIDIA and AMD are 2 major PC part companies. You probably go looking for a graphics card and you see Radeon and GeForce. Then you don't know which one to get!

So were going to talk about which series is best (disclaimer: this is a bit opinionated). There are 2 new series from these companies. The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3000 series and the AMD Radeon 6000 series.

The 6000 series from AMD seems to be better, but it isn't in a couple ways. The 3000 series from NVIDIA is insane but not perfect as well. They both have next gen. graphics features like Ray Tracing and DLSS.

In my honest opinion, the NVIDIA cards look better but you can decide on that, the Radeon ones have less fans so that's a disadvantage.

What I'm really saying is get an NVIDIA card, like they are also cheaper.

Thanks for reading, likes and comments are appreciated. Bye!

Comments

• Waffler
    Options
    NVIDIA cards are cheaper? No, not really. AMD tends to undercut NVIDIA by about $50 with their cards of similar performance. What really should be focused on is price-to-performance ratio, or how much bang are you getting for your buck? In the past, it's usually been AMD that offered superior value, but now it looks like they're on roughly equal footing if you account for the pluses and minuses of each architecture.

I think the real proof in the pudding is the stability and reliability of the cards, which is mostly tied into driver software. In the past, NVIDIA held an edge on that, but with the new hardware they just put out, the jury's out for a while. We'll see in at least a few months which camp holds the advantage in terms of driver stability and stressing the hardware.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    I think @Waffler has the right idea here. Whatever reason you may have for buying your new GPU, I think it's best to wait for benchmarks and reviews from third parties. Seeing how these new cards really perform is the key to buying for me. Once I see how these cards perform the tasks that I'm interested in, see the difference in performance, etc. 
  • Lateral
    Options
    Waffler said:
    NVIDIA cards are cheaper? No, not really. AMD tends to undercut NVIDIA by about $50 with their cards of similar performance. What really should be focused on is price-to-performance ratio, or how much bang are you getting for your buck? In the past, it's usually been AMD that offered superior value, but now it looks like they're on roughly equal footing if you account for the pluses and minuses of each architecture.

I think the real proof in the pudding is the stability and reliability of the cards, which is mostly tied into driver software. In the past, NVIDIA held an edge on that, but with the new hardware they just put out, the jury's out for a while. We'll see in at least a few months which camp holds the advantage in terms of driver stability and stressing the hardware.
    Yeah sure, the 6800 is 649.99 STARTING!! That's 150 bucks more expensive than the 3070.
  • Lateral
    Lateral ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    LandShark said:
    I think @Waffler has the right idea here. Whatever reason you may have for buying your new GPU, I think it's best to wait for benchmarks and reviews from third parties. Seeing how these new cards really perform is the key to buying for me. Once I see how these cards perform the tasks that I'm interested in, see the difference in performance, etc. 
    Waffler said:

Y’all are way too toxic!
  • Lateral
    Options
    Waffler said:

Yeah sure, the 6800 is 649.99 STARTING!! That's 150 bucks more expensive than the 3070.
    LandShark said:
    You guys can’t even read!! I said it’s a bit opinionated!! IT WAS A DISCLAIMER!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99