Options
So my current system is as followed.
Ryzen 9 3900x
AUSS X570 PRO
Nzxt AIO Water cooler
16GB RAM 3600Mhz
RTX 2080
Corsair 750W PSU.

Everything works just fine, I had just used the pc in the morning. Later in the day I picked up the new Ryzen 7 5800x.  Went home, took cooler off, took old cpu out, put new cpu in, cleaned the heat sink contact, apply thermal paste, put cooler back on... Seemed to me like a pretty easy swap. 
Turned the pc on and NO POST!  Then I noticed orange light on the mono for DRAM is on and stays on. No matter what I do, the light is on. I've done the following:
1. Swap ram with new out if the box ram.
2. Swamped new MOBO that I just got with the cpu, (also x570)
3. Cleared cmos multiple times, both jumper and battery removal.
4. Checked all power connections from the power supply.
5. Try single stick ram.. rotated in all the slots and power cycling each time.

None of them worked. 
If anyone could give me some advise on what else I should do to troubleshoot it would be awesome.

Thanks

Answers

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hello @Zhi Welcome to the community! 
    Did you happen to update your motherboard BIOS before you installed the new CPU?
  • Zhi
    Options
    @LandShark no I did not update the bios. But I assumed it would work because new 5800x is compatible with. X570. Also the new board that I got was also X570.
  • Zhi
    Options
    But now it won't even post, even if I put the old cpu back in.. same orange DRAM light.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Clear the CMOS on your board and try running a single stick of RAM at a time, put them in different slots to help narrow down what the issue may be. You may want to consider just doing a full tear-down and reassembly to be safe. 
  • Zhi
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    Clear the CMOS on your board and try running a single stick of RAM at a time, put them in different slots to help narrow down what the issue may be. You may want to consider just doing a full tear-down and reassembly to be safe. 
    So I ended up putting the old system back together again..which was able to post.. updated the bios and put new chip in.. it's working now but...my AIO cooler isn't recognizing the cpu. Unable to read the cpu temp and won't turn the radiator fans on..  I end up having to connect the radiator fans directly to the cpu fan and cpu opt pins instead of connected to the pump. Hope they have a update soon for the nzxt AIO.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Zhi said:
    TSTonyV said:
    So I ended up putting the old system back together again..which was able to post.. updated the bios and put new chip in.. it's working now but...my AIO cooler isn't recognizing the cpu. Unable to read the cpu temp and won't turn the radiator fans on..  I end up having to connect the radiator fans directly to the cpu fan and cpu opt pins instead of connected to the pump. Hope they have a update soon for the nzxt AIO.
    I have a Kraken X62 cooler and I imagine your cooler probably hooks up the same way. If yours is the same design, there should be one main cable that attaches to your pump that has a SATA power connection, some 4-pin fan connections, and one 3-pin connection. You may also have a separate USB cable that attaches to the pump for RGB lighting.

When you had your fans plugged into the cable that attaches to the pump, did you also have that other 3-pin connection plugged into your CPU fan header? If not, that might explain why it wasn't working. 

Your configuration now should be fine anyway. I'd recommend just running your pump at 100% always and then having your fans set to whatever curve you prefer. 
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options
    Greetings @Zhi

NZXT has acknowledged CAM' needs to be updated for for the Zen 3 CPU's and this should be available soon: https://blog.nzxt.com/ryzen-5000-series-update/

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99