Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I am building a 3D workstation for a friend of mine. There are some parts that I'm wary of, like the MoBo and Memory. Otherwise, when Big Navi gets release to stores, I'll be replacing the 3070 with it. They do not have a monitor and the max money to be spent is $1500, including tax. I need help in picking some parts. 
https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=5827fc6b-fb7d-463c-bd58-acd9a58f3c55

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Well, the first thing I'd say is definitely upgrade your memory. I'd recommend at least a kit of DDR4-3200. DDR4-3600 is the sweetspot for Ryzen typically so that's what I'd go with. 

Is the build only for 3D work, or is gaming also involved? Do you know what kind of programs they'll be using? That will help with the overall recommendations.

• Not much gaming involved, mostly  Blender, Maya, and possibly a few other more intensive 3D modeling software like Inventor or Solidworks.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Alright. I definitely still recommend at least DDR4-3200 or DDR4-3600 for your RAM. This may actually be a good spot for the 3700X based on that software list. I'm not super familiar with them but I know things like Blender and Maya can make good use of multi-core performance depending on how you're using them. The 3700X typically edges out the 5600X in those scenarios. The 5600X would win in situations that are more reliant on single-thread performance, so it's going to depend on the specifics, but at $270 the 3700X is a great value option for any kind of production-related work. Either way I think you'd be happy, but something to consider. I'd check out Gamers Nexus' review of the 5600X because the list some production-focused benchmarks for it and you can compare it to the 3700X, one of which is a Blender test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01EhbmJAW-k

If you could stretch the budget, then I'd definitely look at the 3900X as well since it's got 12 cores and is arguably the best overall consumer value for production workloads, but I'd only jump up there if you have the budget for it; it's about $400. Otherwise, either the 5600X or the 3700X will be great choices. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99