GPU Cooler recommendations?

Options
Ralkero
Ralkero
edited November 2020 in Cases and Power Supplies
I have an EVGA RTX 2080 Super, and it's been getting really hot, and hovering around 85°C (in games only, e.g. Red Dead Redemption 2). I have to keep the fan speed cranked really high to keep it in check. I'd like to know what the best cooler available is. If you have suggestions please let me know!

You can also PM me on Reddit if I don't respond here within a short period. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    85C is pretty normal temps wise, maybe a little bit warm but well within operating temperatures. If your case has poor airflow or the ambient temps in your room are warmer that doesn't seem too out of the ordinary. Are you having any performance issues? Is your GPU vertical mounted?

• AdamL
    Options
    Almost a month late to seeing this haha. But by cooler, do you mean other than the stock cooler on the card? Like @TSTonyV said, your case might not be getting adequate airflow. Sometimes just cleaning your dust filters out will solve the problem. If not, maybe consider adding additional case fans to help force some fresh air into the case! Also, check the orientation of your fans for proper intake/exhaust, and make it make sense for the layout of your case. If you have questions on what this may look like, you can ask me and I'd love to help! Let me know if this advise helped you!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99