Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=4efd71f5-0542-4d7d-9336-85a1e8482c5d
My budget was around $2,000 - $2,500 and I'm currently using a S24B240 monitor, not sure if I needed to upgrade that. 
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Honestly I would say maybe wait until december ish. Looking at the fact that your budget is 2k you could 5th gen amd processor and 6000 series graphics card. not sure if you need 2.5 ssd i feel the m.2 is enough. and your power supply well you dont really need that much power with your current setup so i guess 700w would do. but but if you decide to up your set up to the 5th gen ryzen and 6000 series graphics. you may need the 850 watt but idk rlly cause they aren't exactly out yet. and your monitor you may want to upgrade if you want anymore than 60fps since samsung only gives your monitor 60hz unless cnet is lying to me.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    dedrottn said:
    I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=4efd71f5-0542-4d7d-9336-85a1e8482c5d
    My budget was around $2,000 - $2,500 and I'm currently using a S24B240 monitor, not sure if I needed to upgrade that. 
    Thanks in advance!
    Honestly I would say maybe wait until december ish. Looking at the fact that your budget is 2k you could 5th gen amd processor and 6000 series graphics card. not sure if you need 2.5 ssd i feel the m.2 is enough. and your power supply well you dont really need that much power with your current setup so i guess 700w would do. but but if you decide to up your set up to the 5th gen ryzen and 6000 series graphics. you may need the 850 watt but idk rlly cause they aren't exactly out yet. and your monitor you may want to upgrade if you want anymore than 60fps since samsung only gives your monitor 60hz unless cnet is lying to me.
    I definitely agree that I'd look at upgrading your monitor, if you're gaming. The build you put together is very capable of high refresh rate 1080p gaming so having a 60Hz monitor is basically wasting all that power. 850W for your PSU is also a little overkill, 650 or 750 would be plenty in a build like this. 

Are you ONLY gaming on this system, or will you be doing other work as well? The 3900X is a perfectly good gaming processor but it excels more in workstation tasks that can take advantage of all those cores. Same story with your RAM, 32GB is fine but not necessary just for gaming. 

Also, the case you chose doesn't have an optical drive slot (and you probably don't need an optical drive anyway)
  • dedrottn
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    I definitely agree that I'd look at upgrading your monitor, if you're gaming. The build you put together is very capable of high refresh rate 1080p gaming so having a 60Hz monitor is basically wasting all that power. 850W for your PSU is also a little overkill, 650 or 750 would be plenty in a build like this. 

Are you ONLY gaming on this system, or will you be doing other work as well? The 3900X is a perfectly good gaming processor but it excels more in workstation tasks that can take advantage of all those cores. Same story with your RAM, 32GB is fine but not necessary just for gaming. 

Also, the case you chose doesn't have an optical drive slot (and you probably don't need an optical drive anyway)
    I would be using it for gaming and hopefully, start streaming using this setup. I'll be sure to lower the PSU and grab a monitor, too. Thank you so much for the response. (:
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99