RTX 3080 & Ryzen 5000 STL

Options
JustinSTL
JustinSTL
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
I went to the store at like 11am on thursday for the ryzen 5000 launch and as soon as I got there they started deep cleaning. and when I came back they were sold out. bummer but it happens. just curious on how I should go about getting these items or knowing when they’ll get in stock.

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    That is a bummer. Sorry to hear it, but thank you for understanding! With the limited availability right now, it's hard to say when we'll be getting more inventory. From my understanding, we haven't received any new shipments of the 5000 series just yet. Normally I'd recommend checking our website, however, right now with the demand for these, they are typically sold out before we open, as people are waiting in line for our store to open.
    I hope you're able to get one soon! Again, thanks for understanding.
  • RemySr
    RemySr
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @LandShark Your website continuously says "Limited Stock" on some of the 5000 series but I have now been down there 2 times (40 min drive 1 way) just to be told you are out of stock. They say watch the website but the website is not updated and now caused me 2 trips based on your website that end with frustration. Will someone pleased UPDATE the website that you direct us to? Since no one answers the phone there to confirm there is actual "Limited Stock", please update the site.
    Next, will the AMD 6800 cards have a voucher program on the 18th?  
    Photo of Limited Availability just now. 8:57 am PST

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hey @RemySr What store are you shopping in?
    Right now due to the limited availability of these items, they have been changed to only show as "Limited Availability" even when we do have them in stock. I think @TSTonyV said it aptly.
    Believe me when I say I understand your frustration. There is one misconception in here that I think I should correct though, and it's that we don't actually always know how many of these products we're receiving. 

At least with the Ryzen 9 5950X and the RTX 3080/3090, manufacturers have been drop-shipping these directly to the stores, they're not being routed through a distribution center first. What's been happening is we might expect or plan to have 15 come in on an order but only get 5. We may not know until that package arrives because a tracking number isn't going to show what's inside that box. Or a shipment could be delayed and there's nothing we can do until it arrives. I don't know if this is the case with the lower-end SKUs or not, but that's why it's hard for us to give advanced notice. I'd be more than happy to give you all a nice spreadsheet or schedule or something, but it's just not something I have to give. 

I know that doesn't change the situation, but I hope that at least provides some clarity.

Since people are waiting outside the store in the morning for us to open and sell them the new CPUs and GPUs. Unfortunately, when we get these new items in stock, they are often sold out in minutes and we are not able to keep them in-stock. From my experience, if you're not able to wait in line for the store to open for the chance that we'll have stock in the morning, I wouldn't recommend making a trip to the store until the stock starts to normalize.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99