Need Help Choosing Parts for upgradable ryzen 5k series build

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. Wanting to upgrade to the new ryzen gpu's when they release so the current gpu is just a placeholder and will be sold as soon as I can get a new one. Also plan on upgrading the cpu to the new ryzen 5k series eventually as well. Will this part setup be adequate to upgrade while being effective for gaming in the meantime?https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=2a4baa20-f994-496c-9143-c4646beb4318

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hey, @Camk1989 If you're able, I'd recommend waiting until you can decide on your CPU and GPU. If you're not wanting to wait, what would kind of budget did you have in mind for this build?
  • Camk1989
    Options
    Hi @LandShark I'm sure I want to upgrade to the 6800XT gpu in the future when they become readily available, and the same for the gpu, going for the 5600X. Right now that isn't currently in the budget so I'm trying to build to where I can readily game on the system effectively until I can afford the upgrades. My budget is $1000, and it's fairly firm there.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Since you're planning on replacing the GPU, I'd recommend going with the 1650 Super, it's slightly better performance than the 580 and a fair amount cheaper. I did swap out your M.2 for a higher capacity single drive. I removed the thermal paste from your build, since the 3600 comes with a cooler that has thermal paste pre-applied. I also removed the fans you had selected since the case does come with fans, however, they are not RGB. You can definitely add those bad in, if you prefer.
    Last thing I changed was the PSU. A semi-modular or fully-modular PSU takes so much clutter out of your case. It also promotes better airflow.
    I hope this helped. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99