Pc build help

Options
Nevins24
Nevins24
Name Dropper First Comment
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I recently built a pc and I was having some issues with the pc actually booting up to a bios post screen or even starting up any of the components. My setup consists of these components: motherboard: z390-e ROG strix gaming cpu:i9 9900k ram:32gbs 3600 mhz corsair vengeance gpu:3070 rtx FE cooling system: hi100 corsair water cooling case: nzxt 710hi power supply: 750 watt gold. I've been told that it could not be starting due to the motherboard needing a bios update, but I am not sure how to update the bios if I cant pull up the bios post. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, and sorry for the rambling!

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hey @Nevins24 I'd recommend trying with just RAM stick in your build to start. Make sure it's in the correct slot, which will be listed in  your motherboard's manual. I believe your motherboard has EZ debug lights which will light up if there is an error while it tries to post. Are any of these LEDs showing when you power on your system?
  • Nevins24
    Options
    None of the leds come on when trying to power on the pc. The only component that shows some life would be the rgb display lettering on the z390-e's motherboard. @LandShark.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Here's a helpful article from ASUS regarding the LEDs that I am referring to. One of these should be illuminated if the system will not POST.

• JS_MC
    Options
    I don't think it's a BIOS update that's causing the issue. While it's possible that the BIOS could need to be updated, your CPU and Motherboard have been produced for quite some time, and the motherboard should have been shipped with BIOS that is compatible with the CPU.
    I'd double-check to be sure that your PSU is correctly plugged into the motherboard. The 8-pin connector at the top of the board and the 24-pin connector are required for the system to post.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99