Any Advice?

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. I have no budget and I wanted to know if I have too many 2.5" ssds or if I can fit any more hard drives.  https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=745bacea-b402-4d66-a721-2d0779eee72e

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @MightyD

Thank you posting on the Micro Center Community!  I see you are going with a very high end build.  What are your goals with this build?  

The Corsair 1000D fits 5 3.5'' and 6 2.5'' Drives, but keep in mind your motherboard has 8 SATA ports and will only connect 2 Drives if you connect your 2 M.2 Drives.  I do think you only need 1-2 SSDs and the rest can be on HDDs.  The main reason you want to use SSDs as secondary drives is if you need the high Read and Write speeds from it, usually seen in video editing.  
  • Lateral
    Options
    Hello @MightyD

Thank you posting on the Micro Center Community!  I see you are going with a very high end build.  What are your goals with this build?  

The Corsair 1000D fits 5 3.5'' and 6 2.5'' Drives, but keep in mind your motherboard has 8 SATA ports and will only connect 2 Drives if you connect your 2 M.2 Drives.  I do think you only need 1-2 SSDs and the rest can be on HDDs.  The main reason you want to use SSDs as secondary drives is if you need the high Read and Write speeds from it, usually seen in video editing.  
    I know about the SSD part but your saying now that I can only use 2 2.5" SATA SSDs? And the goal for this build is I want to be the most ready in history for the ULTIMATE GAMING. That's why I have such a high end graphics card and such a fast CPU. Last question, can I fit more hard drives?
  • JS_MC
    Options
    If you're intending to use this system for gaming I'd recommend not using the Threadripper as it is more suited to multicore workloads and while it can game, it will not perform as well as a general desktop processor. The new Ryzen 5000 series CPUs are really shining in this category right now. I'd recommend selecting one of those. Generally, the selections you've made for this build are bit overkill for gaming alone. If you have the budget for it, you could definitely use SSDs, however, data is much cheaper on HDD. The reduction in cost does come at a loss of speed. Hope this helps.
  • Lateral
    Options
    LandShark said:
    If you're intending to use this system for gaming I'd recommend not using the Threadripper as it is more suited to multicore workloads and while it can game, it will not perform as well as a general desktop processor. The new Ryzen 5000 series CPUs are really shining in this category right now. I'd recommend selecting one of those. Generally, the selections you've made for this build are bit overkill for gaming alone. If you have the budget for it, you could definitely use SSDs, however, data is much cheaper on HDD. The reduction in cost does come at a loss of speed. Hope this helps.
    Ok good to know. Thanks! I added the hard drives to store my games.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99