Rtx 3070 help

Options
Recently purchased a 3070 gigabyte. The card has two power supply connectors, a 8 pin and a 6 pin (sata I think?). I only have the connector for the 8 pin and the card turns on and lights up but doesn’t run and the fans don’t spin. Do I need the second cable and if so what type of cable. I don’t have anything that connects the 6 pin to the PSU and I’m lost here. Also the cpu will flicker on start up and I just recently lost windows on my memory so I’m wondering if the power supply is faulty.

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hello @Tpmorphing If your video card has an 8-pin and 6-pin connector, both would be required to power your GPU. A power supply with at least 650 Watts is recommended for RTX 3070s. Most often PSU with 650+ watts will have a 6-pin and 8-pin power connector.
    I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by the CPU flickering when you start the system. If you've lost data on your hard drive, that could be hard drive failure or data corruption. We'd need to test your system a bit more. Once we have your system reaching POST, we can look into your hard drive concerns. 😊
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99