Microcenter Cambridge MA

ZMorri
ZMorri
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
I'm wondering if the Cambridge store is getting Radeon 6 series GPU's in for launch day and what the protocol is for waiting outside, how they will be distributed, how many (if it's known).  Is it something I'll have to wait all night outside for?

Comments

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited November 2020
    Here's some info from our RX 6000 Discussion

FAQ

Q) Will you have the AMD Radeon RX 6000 series on launch?
    A) Yes, we will have the new RX 6000 series cards from our AIB partners, including Sapphire and MSI.

Q) How many will you have in stock?
    A) Quantities will be extremely limited at launch, however, we're expecting additional shipments of GPUs later on launch day and subsequent days. Please note that quantities and shipments vary by store.

Q) How much will the 3000 Series video cards cost?

A) Up-to-date pricing for our cards will be posted on the website upon launch. You can see the full assortment of AMD cards we carry, with up to date inventory and pricing in the AMD graphics cards category.

Q) Will I be able to reserve or buy them online?

A) We will not be offering reservations for in-store pick-up, or shipping for these video cards due to the high demand. 

Q) Can I buy more than one? 

A) We will be limiting purchases at this time to one per household. With limited availability, we want all of our customers to have a chance to be a part of this new product release.

For previous launches, we have passed out vouchers at store opening to ensure that everyone can safely stay socially distanced. It sounds like people have started to line up now in some stores. As the quote above states, quantities will be extremely limited at launch, but we will be receiving shipments in the future.

Hope this helps.

• Is anyone at the Cambridge location as of now? I was planning on heading there tonight and was wondering if there was already a long line outside.
  • Idk either, I'm bout to drive with my friend and see and will report
  • I've checked it out about an hour ago (1:30 - 1:40 AM) and there were already 26 to 30 people camping. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99