touchpad has a mind of its own

Options
I have an Asus Elitebook Zenbook Flip that's about 2 years old, and a few months ago the touchpad started to  have a mind of its own and click on things on the desktop. It's mainly along the left side of the screen - going to the upper left and taking me to the first URL browser window I have open. Or it goes the lower left and brings up the start menu. It happens every time I use it and I have to keep taking the pointer back to where I was. Is there something under the touchpad, and if so, can I get under there to clean? 

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    It's possible that the touchpad could be dirty. It's possible that the touchpad may be showing its age. Most touchpads are capacitive touch, so it could think that there is something on the surface that it should be responding to.
    Our service department does offer diagnostic service. Diagnostics cost $39.99. We could take a look at it, see if it can be cleaned or repaired. Once they take a look, they'll be able to tell you to proceed from there.
  • ALJBSJ
    Options
    Wonderful, thank you! 

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options
    @ALJBSJ

If your model has a touchscreen, look at that as a possible culprit as well. You can disable it from device manager, under "Human Interface Devices" to test.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99