Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
Trying to build my first pc here so i'm looking for a bit of outside help. I dont want to spend much more than what I have here but im wondering if I can get more value out of this. (I will be getting the keyboard/mouse and the OS seperately) Thanks! https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=9595826c-d204-4179-950a-f319432041d7

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @Michaeld

Thank you for contacting Micro Center!  What kind of games are you looking to play?

The build looks like a good machine for 1440p, though you may see some framerate issues at more demanding games at higher settings.  
  • Michaeld
    Options
    Hello @Michaeld

Thank you for contacting Micro Center!  What kind of games are you looking to play?

The build looks like a good machine for 1440p, though you may see some framerate issues at more demanding games at higher settings.  
    The games I play vary a lot. I already plan on using it for Subnautica: Below zero and Minecraft with shaders for sure though. 1440p with high or better settings is what I was going for.  
  • JS_MC
    Options
    I made a couple changes to your build with that info in mind.
    The 5400 RPM drive would have bottlenecked your performance heavily, and the 250GB M.2 wouldn't have been able to hold many games.
    I don't see enough of a performance difference to justify the cost for the 3600XT. So I swapped it for the 3600X with the savings, I'd recommend distributing a bit more of your budget towards a 3070 if possible. You may have to wait for more stock. however, it will give you considerably better performance at 1440p
    Hope this helps!
  • Michaeld
    Options
    LandShark said:
    I made a couple changes to your build with that info in mind.
    The 5400 RPM drive would have bottlenecked your performance heavily, and the 250GB M.2 wouldn't have been able to hold many games.
    I don't see enough of a performance difference to justify the cost for the 3600XT. So I swapped it for the 3600X with the savings, I'd recommend distributing a bit more of your budget towards a 3070 if possible. You may have to wait for more stock. however, it will give you considerably better performance at 1440p
    Hope this helps!
    Thanks, I have been making a few changes and been looking out for the 3070 that you mentioned. Do you have any idea how often a restock comes by chance?
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Right now, the stock is pretty erratic. We've been seeing more shipments of the 3070s recently but it's still a bit scarce. Hopefully, we'll see a more steady supply soon!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99