Ethernet issues

Options
Hey guys, was wondering if someone could help me. I recently built my first pc. I have a asus rog strix b550-f gaming(no wifi) motherboard, ryzen 5 3600 cpu, sapphire technology pulse 5600 gpu. I built it myself and everything started up and worked perfectly first try. I installed windows and all my drivers. My only issue was my ethernet cable wasnt being read. I found a solution on the internet to go into the properties of the ethernet and change the speed/duplex, now out of the choices it gives me to change the speed my ethernet cable will only be read at 10mbps. If i change it to anything higher it disconnects. I have at&t and pay for 1000mbps. I have a new cat 8 cable and the cable has no issue when i plug it into my xbox(netflix and all that runs fine). The only thing it effects is my download speed on my pc, my games run super clean, i average 144fps when playing and i should also note that my download speed on my xbox is fine, seems like i get close to the 1000mbps, but on my pc it caps me at 10mbps cuz thats the only speed it will read my ethernet cable at. I have no idea how to fix this or what can be the issue. like i said the issue was from the start. If anybody can help me i would appreciate it. 

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99