Ambiguous naming scheme?

Options
I purchased a MacBook a little over a year ago and made sure I had a 3 year protection plan. It's called "Apple Priority Care". This is my primary work computer and it started having dead pixels soon after and I took it to the store, they told me it would cost a couple of hundred dollars to replace the screen.. despite having Apple Care. I called Apple and they said Microcenter didn't give me Apple Care and the laptop isn't covered, instead provided a service with an almost same name called "Apple Priority Care" - I want to see the terms of the extended warranty that I paid 150$ for and I want to know if this name has been reviews by any legal entities.

Comments

• Timetable2
    Options
    Just so you know, I did take it to the store and they didn't fix the issue!
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    I looked up your email address and found a purchase for a Macbook Pro from back in 2018, I can see a 3 year protection plan as well as our MCTS Priority Care service on the receipt. This is actually a Micro Center warranty that we offer. It is similar to AppleCare, as it includes both the protection plan and Priority Care which is our premium over-phone tech support service, but it is specifically handled by Micro Center, not Apple. 

Our protection plans essentially have the same coverage terms as the manufacturer's warranty, and manufacturers typically only cover dead pixels on a display when you hit a certain number. One, two or three dead pixels in my experience are basically never actually covered. I'd have to do some digging to see exactly what would or would not be covered in your case, but would you be able to take a picture of your display showing the dead pixels and post it here? 

• Timetable2
    Options

yep, this is what it says on my invoice. You really shouldn't be using Apple's name here and the Apple rep agreed with me that this is misleading. Regardless, do you have any terms for this plan? Does it cover manufacturing defects or is it just for tech support? I wasn't able to find any terms on the site.
  • Timetable2
    Options

there is one big pink spot and smaller ones below it, the display also has a purple backlight bleed in darker screens on the corners.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    The MCTS Apple Priority Care is Micro Center Tech Support Priority Care for Apple devices. It's paired with the 3 Year Protection Plan.
    I hope this info helps.
  • Timetable2
    Options
    Thank you @LandShark! @TSTonyV do you think this is covered?

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would think this would be covered by the protection plan if that spot shows regardless of what you have on the screen. When you brought the computer into the store did you actually speak directly with the service desk? 
  • Timetable2
    Options
    TSTonyV said:

I would think this would be covered by the protection plan if that spot shows regardless of what you have on the screen. When you brought the computer into the store did you actually speak directly with the service desk? 
    Yes, I even left the laptop to be fixed at the store and they said only labor would be covered and I would have to cover the cost of screen! But the policy that @LandShark posted states "Coverage also applies to the parts and accessories that are necessary to the Covered Product’s functionality". This was at the Brooklyn MC.

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TSTonyV said:

Yes, I even left the laptop to be fixed at the store and they said only labor would be covered and I would have to cover the cost of screen! But the policy that @LandShark posted states "Coverage also applies to the parts and accessories that are necessary to the Covered Product’s functionality". This was at the Brooklyn MC.

We'll be sending you an email follow-up about this, as this is something we'll probably want to get over to the service desk directly at the store. Please check your email and respond when you have the chance!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99