Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=d75ed28e-e6bf-4e12-a631-1e1181440f84

So I never built a PC before, not sure on what parts I need, like the cooling, psu, etc.  A bit overkill most likely but its been almost 8 years since I bought a custom laptop.  Main uses for it is everything from stocktrading, to 6k video editing.  Would like to stay under 3k but if I buy parts little by little, exceeding 3k wouldn't be a problem.  Any help would be awesome, a minimum base setup for me would be the 12core ryzen, rtx 3080, 32gb ram.  

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @RookBishopCheck

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community!  I love your username, just started getting into chess myself.

In regards to the build, you can definitely get this under 3k if you are fine with purchasing parts later, things like your RAM or SSDs.  You can start with 32GB and then add the additional 32GB later, same with the storage.  

For your cooler, I highly recommend switching away from the Low-Profile Noctua cooler for another cooling solution, as this cooler is a specialized cooler for more cramped ITX builds.  Coolers I would recommend would be 
    Budget: Cooler Master Hyper 212
    Air Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
    All-in-One Liquid Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB Pro Xt 240mm Water Cooling Kit

With the All-in-One, you don't need to get those additional fans.  
  • RookBishopCheck
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Thank you! Ya I loove chess, especially after watching queens gambit I got back into it.   Ya youre right, I should just half the storage and ram, build it more slowly.  Is it easy to handle watercooled pcs? I dont know much about it other than pooring a liquid in there, how often does that need to be changed/flushed?
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    @RookBishopCheck

The thing with All-In-One Liquid Cooler is that it's the simplest version of a water cooling loop.  It's all setup and just need to be installed, no maintenance, no filling/refilling!  All you need to do is install the radiator, the fans to the radiator and the CPU Cooler and connect a few wires and it is set to go!  
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99