Computer Problems

Options
My computer is 3 years old and I have a couple of problems that need to be fixed. One of the first problems I have is that my computer hasn't updated in a long time and when I try to do it myself I get a error. No matter what I do It won't update. Another problem I have is that my computer rarely goes to sleep on its on and if left untouched for a few minutes the screen will go black and the only way to get my computer to work again is to reboot it as it won't respond to any mouse or keyboard pressings. So I usually try to put it to sleep manually so this doesn't happen. A lot of times when my computer goes to sleep and I wake it up it will sometimes stop connecting to wifi and I have to reboot internet to fix it. It does not happen everytime I wake my computer up from sleep but it happens more often than it should. The last problem I have is that sometimes my computer makes noises that sounds like a chainsaw and that really freaks me put and makes me feel like my computer is about to shut off. The sleep issues has happen when I first got my computer. Do you think I should take it in to get it fixed. Please let me know what I need to do to fix my computer problems.

Comments

• TS_JosephF
    Options
    Hello @boychik0830
    For the update issue you are having, you can consider using the media creation tool to force upgrade your OS. Depending on which version on Windows you have it should work fine. I am assuming you are already on Windows 10.

For the sleep issue, you will want to check device manager to see what devices are able to wake the PC from sleep. You can do this by right-clicking on your mouse and keyboard then clicking properties, from there you will see a Power Management tab. Make sure the box is checked for Allow this device to wake the computer.

Also, if you push the power button on the PC, does it allow you to wake it from sleep? You could also take a look at your Power and Sleep settings to see when it is set to turn off the display and go to sleep. You could disable the timer to go into sleep mode so you can just do it manually.  As for your WiFi issue, I believe that is a power management issue as well. We have a guide on how to disable the power management option for your wireless adapter. It will be listed in device manager as well. 

The issue regarding your PC sounding like a chainsaw.... That's very strange. I recommend opening the case and making sure all of your cables are tucked away and that they are not touching any of the fans. I would at least start by trying to find out exactly where it is coming from inside the PC, whether its a case fan, CPU fan, or GPU fan. If you are unable to figure out what the issue is then you can certainly bring it to the store for us to take a look at it.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99