Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=25db904a-d6ce-4e41-9b5d-72cf8e5d2c75

Most importantly, can I use the memory as configured? I already have the 2x8 but I want to add additional 2x16 now for potential upgrade with another 2x16 in the future. (reason, I don’t want to buy another 2x8 now and having to buy two 2x16 for upgrade in the future)

Thank you in advance and much apricated

Comments

• TS_JosephF
    Options
    Hello @TurboZ
    Everything you picked out looks good. The X570 will be compatible with 3rd gen Ryzen out of the box so you will not have to worry about any BIOS updates. I actually helped a friend build a PC that has a Ryzen 5 3600 and an RX 580 with only 16 GB of RAM. Now, our expectations were low to begin with since it was a budget build, but in the end we were both very impressed with the performance. It is actually able to run WarZone at 144 FPS @ 1080p without any problems. 
    I will say that you really would not need 64 GB of RAM when you just have a Ryzen 5 and an RX 580. If you just stuck with the pair for 16s for now then that would be perfectly fine for you. You really could get by with 16 GB of RAM with that CPU/GPU but I do agree with you that it is better to just buy a pair of 16s so you do not end up having to replace two 8s later if you find yourself wanting 64 GB of RAM.
    The only changes I would make is remove the pair of 8 GB RAM sticks and add on a Windows license key if you need one to activate Windows. Also, the case is really a matter of preference, but I would just spend an extra $20 to get one like this: Cooler Master NR600 . In my opinion, a case with a glass panel will look a lot nicer. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99