Need help choosing RAM for ASUS Series Desktop and Can we install at home easily?

Options

I have ASUS Desktop PC K30AD_M31AD, M51AD, M32AD Series.  It has 8 GB Ram and I need to upgrade. My photoshop and lightroom editing has slowed down so much.  It's driving me nuts!  I reached out to Best Buy - virtually - and was told what part I should get, but don't know if it is a good deal.  Tried looking at Micro Center for similar, but seriously there are many options and specs. I'm lost with getting computer parts unless it's a mouse/keyboard. 

BB recommended CORSAIR Vengeance 15 GB 2 pk, 1.6 GHz DDR3 DIMM Desktop.  The cost seemed higher (almost $140) than I thought it would. What does MicroCenter have that is appropriate.  I need something that is going to speed up the processing so I don't pull my hair out. 

Also, my husband said he can install the new cards. Is it that easy? He is pretty handy, but I just don't want this computer messed up. 
Thanks so much!

Photomom2020

Comments

• Ian
    Options
    Greetings. What specific model of ASUS it is for? Your post lists 4 different models, we would need to know the specific model to make sure you are getting the correct RAM for your PC. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99