My First Build And I Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
 Hello,
I am trying to make a PC build for 1k and with little research I came up with this list. The PC will be mainly for gaming. I have never done this before so I wanted opinions on what pieces to pick with staying in my budget. Also, if anyone has any monitor recommendations then I would gladly take them.
 https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=8c47bd0b-ebbf-4322-a2d4-5ddd3dfdb53e

Comments

• Ian
    Options
    Ritz said:
     Hello,
    I am trying to make a PC build for 1k and with little research I came up with this list. The PC will be mainly for gaming. I have never done this before so I wanted opinions on what pieces to pick with staying in my budget. Also, if anyone has any monitor recommendations then I would gladly take them.
     https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=8c47bd0b-ebbf-4322-a2d4-5ddd3dfdb53e
    Greetings. I would say what you have picked out is very solid honestly for the price. Did you have a price range in mind for the monitor? 
  • Ritz
    Options
    Ian said:
    Greetings. I would say what you have picked out is very solid honestly for the price. Did you have a price range in mind for the monitor? 
    Maybe 100-150? I honestly don't know, anything that is like the rest of the build (most bang for my buck). 
  • Ritz
    Options
    If there's something I need to build the PC with other than the parts, let me know. Also, let me know if I should get an extra fan or anything else like that. 
    Thanks!
  • USS_Ustafish
    Options
    Looks pretty solid. You will need a couple fans. That case has pretty lackluster airflow, and it only comes with a couple mediocre 3-pin fans. NZXT (and pretty much every reputable case manufacturer) includes a very complete parts kit though, so you shouldn't need much more than a #2 Phillips screwdriver. The Wraith cooler comes with thermal paste pre-applied, so you're good there.
    I'd strongly consider a B550 motherboard, since you're buying a compatible CPU. You should be able to find a decent one for not too much more than the price of that B450 Tomahawk, and it would give you a better upgrade path.
    550W is more than enough for what you're building now, but that also gives you one more thing to upgrade if this ever grows into a high-end system. upgrading a motherboard or power supply basically involves a nearly complete teardown and rebuild, so I'd advise leaving as much headroom as you can on those components. Buy once, cry once, as the saying goes. 
    It would be in poor taste to plug the competition on Microcenter's site, but I'm reasonably certain you could find an NVMe SSD in the price range of that 2.5in, if you shopped around. Perhaps even with next day delivery. *ahem*
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99