Display wont turn on day after building

Options

Hello,

New PC builder here. Hoping someone can help with this issue. I built my PC yesterday and after troubleshooting, it worked. This morning, the computer powers on but no display on the monitor.

Since this PC had one of the new AMD processors, I had to do a BIOS update through the flashback device on my motherboard. After all the cables were connected, the computer would boot up and the VGA light on the debug LED in the motherboard would light up, but no display on the monitor. I then disconnected the GPU and turned the computer back on without a GPU for a couple of minutes. After that, I re-connected the GPU and the VGA debug light disappeared, with the display turning back on. I was able to install all drivers and the computer was running with no issues.

Fast forward to the next day, and the PC will turn on but there is no display again. The VGA debug light sometimes turns on, and sometimes it doesn't. What could I do to troubleshoot? I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the GPU in the same fashion as described above but no luck. I also checked my work monitor with the computer and it did not display either.

Specs below:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard: Asus tuf gaming b550-plus wifi
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3600
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB + Kingston 250GB A2000 M.2 2280
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 Gaming
PSU: EVGA - BR Series 700W ATX12V /EPS12V 80 Plus
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh Airflow ATX Mid-Tower

Any help would be huge

Comments

• TS_BryantA
    Options
    @lorenzoa0926 Good morning and thank you for posting this to our Micro Center Community. I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your newest build. If you're able to get back into the computer with the display showing, I would check what driver versions you have installed with this GPU since drivers just recently were released for AMD's newest Graphics Cards. I would make sure that you're not running the optional listing, and I would install the previous version of the drivers.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700

Please let us know the results. 
  • Zero3ffect
    Zero3ffect ✭✭
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited December 2020
    Options
    This could be a number of things.  You might want to first try clearing CMOS.  The manual for your motherboard should explain how to do it if you don't know.  If it doesn't work, try using some compressed air on the PCIe slot and connectors on bottom of GPU.  Probably a very low chance some dust or something is causing problems but you never know.

Unfortunately, if that doesn't resolve your problem it is probably hardware related.  I'm assuming you don't have another GPU to try as that would narrow down the problem to either the GPU or the motherboard?
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99