Just Choosing Parts

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice what video card is good for gaming but affordable.
 https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=cc6a13ea-a80e-416d-b9f7-6b3dde9b44f0

Comments

• NickelMan
    Options
    Trying to pick affordable parts for a good gaming PC.  Went with parts I will try to get but will take time.  What I thought was good was a motherboard with a good Ryzen chip.  Memory can be lower cost.  Keyboard and Mouse were picked for fast game response.  The video card is I want but cannot afford so will go with lower rated card but must play some AAA games.  Cooling I want air cooling since a few friends fried their pc with water cooling. (Not setup good.)  May use Linux over Win10 to save money for the video card.  PC build is still in process...Thanks...
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @NickelMan

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community!  

Taking a look at the build, things look good so far, with my big recommendation is just sticking to the stock cooler that comes with the 3600.  It's more than enough to work for that processor.  Another recommendation I have is removing the DVD Drive, as people don't really use them anymore, and external DVD drives are cheaper than internal ones.

In regards to your GPU, the main thing to check is what resolution is your monitor that you plan on using?  Are you planning on upgrading your monitor in the near future?  Resolution plays a big impact in what GPU you should be getting.  
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99