i screwed up my aio!

Options
ALLCAPS
ALLCAPS
I purchased a corsair aio and accidently cut the rgb hub controller wire thats attached to the block. 
Good news is that it works fine but no rgb on the fans that come with it. I purchased it two days ago from this posting (12-08-20) at my local microcenter but did not purchase a warranty. what should I do?

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @ALLCAPS

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community!  Are you talking about the RGB Headers that connect the pump to the fans?  What you can do is purchase a Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub.  This lets you plug the RGB Fans into and power them however it won't be addressable.  It would just default to rainbow.  To make it addressable, you will need to connect the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub to either a Lightning Node PRO or a Commander PRO.

Keep in mind, the Lightning Node PRO linked above has 4x LED Strips as well if you want to add that to your build... though I think the best thing to get is a pack of 3x Corsair Fans.  They come with a Lightning Node CORE or Lightning Node PRO + Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub.  You get extra RGB Fans for the build and can sync all fans with them.

I personally do not use the RGB Headers on my AIO, as I have them all connected to the Corsair RGB Fan Hub that can with my 3x LL120 pack and that connects to my Commander Pro.  

If you are not looking to purchase additional parts, unfortunately due the AIO being physically damaged, we would be unable to accept a return on the AIO.  
  • magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    How close did you cut the wires? It's not like the light control carries a lot of power. Just strip them back a little and twist together then cover with some electrical tape.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99