First Build! Bottlenecks? Physical Restrictions?

Options
PendragonGames
edited December 2020 in Help Choosing Parts
Hello, all! I need help building my first PC, and I've come to a bit of a crossroads. I'm a complete noob, and I need to know if the build that I have set up is going to run the best that it possibly can. I want to use this build mostly for gaming and content creation, including YouTube and streaming. I need it to be able to handle high volume modpacks for certain games as well. I need advice and I need to know that the parts I have wont bottleneck the productivity of the other parts. Please feel free to let me know what I should change. I want to keep the budget as close to or under 1k as possible, but if that's too unreasonable, then that's okay too. Help! 
Mobo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB DDR4-3600
Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock Slim 35.14
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1TB M.2-2280
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 205 Mid Tower Case
PSU: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @PendragonGames

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community!  Your build looks great, with the main bottleneck being your GPU but it wouldn't see any issues if you are gaming at 1080p.  The Ryzen 3600 is a great processor which is why most GPUs here would be your bottleneck unless you are going to the super high end GPUs.  
  • PendragonGames
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @TSPhillipT Thank you so much for the help! What GPU would you suggest? Or possibly, what chipset? I'd most definitely be willing to spend more on a good GPU if needed! :)
  • TSTDavey
    Options
    Hello @PendragonGames i'm just chiming in additionally to @TSPhillipT , your 1660 should be fine if gaming at 1080p like @TSPhillipT mentioned, but for video editing, i'd recommend to go up to at least 16GB of RAM. Depending on if you are using adobe premiere or free video editing software, data rendering can take some time to produce your videos in your editor. Eight (8)GB of RAM will work, but 16GB will help your build PC render your video edits faster. I hope this make sense.
  • TSTDavey said:
    Hello @PendragonGames i'm just chiming in additionally to @TSPhillipT , your 1660 should be fine if gaming at 1080p like @TSPhillipT mentioned, but for video editing, i'd recommend to go up to at least 16GB of RAM. Depending on if you are using adobe premiere or free video editing software, data rendering can take some time to produce your videos in your editor. Eight (8)GB of RAM will work, but 16GB will help your build PC render your video edits faster. I hope this make sense.
    Got it! Gonna invest in two sticks of G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB RAM! 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99