Post Game Award Thoughts?

Options
Last night was Geoff Keighley's yearly presentation of games, awards, and, most importantly, trailers.

The Last of Us II took home the big prize, Game of the Year.

Sephiroth is arriving in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Back 4 Blood was announced, and is basically just Left 4 Dead 3 (which is great!)

No news on Elden Ring, unfortunately

Hades was snubbed.

So, what do you think? A solid showing? Did your GoTY get snubbed? And how about those trailers?
And be sure to check out our Gamers board for all your gaming discussions!

Comments

• AlexS
    Options
    I was happy for:
    Sjokz - Esports Host
    Danny Sorenson - Best Coach (even though he coaches Astralis)
    League of Legends - Esports Game & Best Esports event.

I'm more focused towards the competitive gaming side but I did enjoy seeing Among Us & Fall Guys as winners in their categories lol

• Ian
    Options
    Didn't watch but did see No Man's Sky won the ongoing game award, talk about a complete 180 from its release. 
  • Ian said:
    Didn't watch but did see No Man's Sky won the ongoing game award, talk about a complete 180 from its release. 
    The best part of that was Sean Murray taking a big swig out of a bottle as they announced the winners, clearly not expecting to win
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I'm surprised LOU2 got Game of the Year considering that there was a lot of initial backlash for the game on release. 

Hades at least won Indie Game and Action Game, which are well deserved, but I was really hoping they'd give it the nod for Game of the Year. I won't say LOU2 didn't deserve it, I haven't played the original or sequel and in my circles everybody who played it said it was excellent. But man Hades is just so so good and only gets better the more you play it. It has fleshed out lore/story, great replayability, great art style, great music. Accessible for casual players and hardcore players who are looking for that grind. It's such a complete game top to bottom, and it's one of the highest reviewed games on Steam of all time (currently only behind Portal I'm pretty sure). 

Logan Cunningham voiced Hades, Poseidon, Achilles, Asterius, Charon, and the Narrator for Hades. Really good argument for him to have won best VA.

Also, shoutouts to Among Us winning Best Multiplayer Game. We completed all the tasks guys!

Ian said:
    Please Bioware... give us the No Man's Sky treatment for Anthem so I can say that I got my money's worth out of it...
  • Err0h
    Err0h ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    We completed all the tasks guys!

I see what you did there. lul
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done