PowerSpec B745 Components

Options
For a  PowerSpec B745, which I have not opened yet:
1. Can the colored case lights somehow be turned off in the bios?
2. Is there a compatible case I can switch to that will support 2 internal sata dvd drives and still use all the components in the existing unwanted case?
3. The specs say there are 3 PCIe x1 slots, but only 2 are available. What is being used in the X1 slot? Are they including m.2 slots in the count of 3? If so, how many PCIeX1 card slots are in this computer and how many M.s slots? I'd think the NVMe is in an M.2 slot, not a PCIe X1 slot...?This computer comes with a 1TB NVMe ssd - is that taking up 1 PCIe x1 slot? Don't understand.
Thanks in advance for help with this.

Best Answer

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for your response.
    I mistakenly sent a duplicate request through a different link and received a response from someone at microcenter.zendesk. Their response is the opposite of yours as to items 1 and 2, and the same for item 3.
    That is what prompted my writing in the first place: an inability in the store to get consistent, for sure answers.
    There was no display of this model so I couldn't see for myself. I was trying to avoid opening the box to find out myself so that if I didn't like what I saw I could return the box unopened to Microcenter.
    My apologies for the confusion, I was looking at our B744's (the prior model) specs which it does not appear there is an RGB controller to control this. In your case, you can do this through MSI software since this model has an MSI motherboard. The software for this can be downloaded and installed from MSI's website at https://www.msi.com/Landing/mystic-light-rgb-gaming-pc/ 

As for your 2nd question, a DVD drive would take up a 5.25" slot, not a 3.5" slot that 3.5" hard drives will go into or perhaps 2.5" with an adapter. So yes this case does have extra slots for hard drives, a DVD drive will not work in that slot. When looking at our website and searching for computer cases, we do not have any with 2 slots, but there are some that do have 3 that may be available dependent on stock of your local Micro Center: https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?N=4294964318+4294820857&Ntk=all&sortby=match&myStore=true

You can open the box and still return the computer, we accept returns on opened items. Assuming the item was purchased since November 2nd, you may return it through January 15th with our current return policy which can be found at https://community.microcenter.com/kb/articles/24-can-i-return-a-product-that-is-defective?rd=1 

Answers

• Ian
    Options
    For a  PowerSpec B745, which I have not opened yet:
    1. Can the colored case lights somehow be turned off in the bios?
    2. Is there a compatible case I can switch to that will support 2 internal sata dvd drives and still use all the components in the existing unwanted case?
    3. The specs say there are 3 PCIe x1 slots, but only 2 are available. What is being used in the X1 slot? Are they including m.2 slots in the count of 3? If so, how many PCIeX1 card slots are in this computer and how many M.s slots? I'd think the NVMe is in an M.2 slot, not a PCIe X1 slot...?This computer comes with a 1TB NVMe ssd - is that taking up 1 PCIe x1 slot? Don't understand.
    Thanks in advance for help with this.
    1. No they can not be, they are a part of the fans.
    2. I am not aware of any case that would have slots for 2 DVD slots, most computer cases don't provide support for 1 anymore.
    3. The computer's wi-fi/wireless card is using one of the x1 slots.
  • sallysmith
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Thank you for your response.
    I mistakenly sent a duplicate request through a different link and received a response from someone at microcenter.zendesk. Their response is the opposite of yours as to items 1 and 2, and the same for item 3.
    That is what prompted my writing in the first place: an inability in the store to get consistent, for sure answers.
    There was no display of this model so I couldn't see for myself. I was trying to avoid opening the box to find out myself so that if I didn't like what I saw I could return the box unopened to Microcenter.
  • Thank you. Now we have it straightened out. Now I guess I'll have to do my homework and figure out the cost of getting a complete B745 in a Corsair 200R case, with me doing the assembly vs having it pre-built.
    Again, thank you.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99