Monitor Recommendation for RTX 2070 Super

Options
radical5g
radical5g
First Comment
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
Hello, 
I have a RTX 2070 Super and am in the market to upgrade my monitor to take advantage of a higher refresh rate for gaming. I am targeting 1440p, >= 27", and 1ms response time, and I wish to take advantage of G-Sync technology. I've also been spoiled by my current 31.5" IPS panel that was optimized for productivity. 
My search of your inventory led me to these three options shown in a comparison window (here is the search results if that link didn't work). Could you tell me the difference between them? I'm not sure I understand the difference between the VG27AQL1A and the VG27AQ except for $60. 
If you have any other suggestions please let me know. I have read that this GPU won't really support 4K gaming, so I wanted to get the best experience just below that. 
Thanks for your help! 
Best,
Charlie

Comments

• Ian
    Options
    radical5g said:
    Hello, 
    I have a RTX 2070 Super and am in the market to upgrade my monitor to take advantage of a higher refresh rate for gaming. I am targeting 1440p, >= 27", and 1ms response time, and I wish to take advantage of G-Sync technology. I've also been spoiled by my current 31.5" IPS panel that was optimized for productivity. 
    My search of your inventory led me to these three options shown in a comparison window (here is the search results if that link didn't work). Could you tell me the difference between them? I'm not sure I understand the difference between the VG27AQL1A and the VG27AQ except for $60. 
    If you have any other suggestions please let me know. I have read that this GPU won't really support 4K gaming, so I wanted to get the best experience just below that. 
    Thanks for your help! 
    Best,
    Charlie
    Greetings. I personally like looking at a website called rtings which does an incredible job at breaking down monitor differences like this. Their comparison can be found here: https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/compare/asus-tuf-vg27aq-vs-asus-tuf-gaming-vg27aql1a/1640/15402?usage=9091&threshold=0.1

They are very similar monitors, it looks like the  VG27AQL1A is better suited for media creation / photo editing etc., so if you're looking for just a gaming monitor, the VG27AQ would do great for you.

• radical5g
    Options
    Thank you for that excellent site! Appreciate your help immensely. If you have another 1440p gaming monitor you recommend, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, thank you for your already helpful response. 
  • Ian
    Options
    radical5g said:
    Thank you for that excellent site! Appreciate your help immensely. If you have another 1440p gaming monitor you recommend, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, thank you for your already helpful response. 
    Honestly the ones you have picked out is what I would recommend from our store. I have used a couple ASUS monitors before and never had any issues with them. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99